Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Bars, Planetariums, and Salsa!

We danced at the bar until 5:30am that night. It was awesome. My clothes carried the smell of smoke and alcohol long after we left. The next day we woke up around noon, and Agustin very kindly took us to Persicol, one of the best ice-cream shops in Buenos Aires. I had blueberry and irish cream, in a mini-cone.

Tango:
That night, I went to a giant tango lesson at Soho Tango. It was a giant class that wasn't really worth the 18 pesos in my opinion. I took the beginning level, and it was just walking around so I was like, why not try the advanced? haha, that was fun, all the guys were like come on and i learned hecka by struggling and prob looking pretty silly. Then we celebrated Monica's last night in our hostel room.

Galileo Galili Planetarium:
There's a giant concrete dome-shaped thing in the middle of the pretty botanical gardens of buenos aires. Inside is kind of like a half-science museum, half imax theater. Monica and I caught a show for kids where this guy dressed up in a space suite with a helmet lined with christmas lights. The seats tilt a lot so you can look up at the screen like it's the sky. We saw cool constellations and learned about planet earth - woot!

Then we walked past the zoo and saw a giraffe really close up. Then we walked past the botanical gardens and split a choripan - a hotdog with sausage inside! Then we walked all around Palermo, window-shopping until Monica had to leave. : (

Salsa:
To cheer myself up (after my friends returned to the states), I went to salsa night at La viruta, which was one of the funnest things I've done so far. I took the advanced class and got to dance with a lot of people who really knew what they were doing. After the lesson, these two guys put on a break-dancing show and i was like yes!! afterwards, I went up and introduced myself to them and they invited me to a practice! Then, there was a tango lesson, but I was tired so I left half way through to meet up with some Harvard people at a bar.

We chilled for a bit at jackie O's in Las Canitas, an area filled with bars. Then, we went to Chic again - a boliche and danced until 5am! that was good exercise. I really like tonic water with lemon. it's really delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment