Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Home

I'm currently in DC, house-sitting for a week. Got here on Sunday, after my original flight was canceled and they re-booked me via NY on American Airlines.

The last couple days of Buenos Aires were a blur and I have returned with a huge appreciation for chocolate, language fluency, and about 5 million other things.

Last Thursday, Emily - who lived in my dorm freshmen year, and is studying abroad in Buenos Aires for the semester, and I met up with Elliot at Cumoná, a well-known restaurant in this area. I got an empanada de Lomo and this stew called Locro. The empanada was amazing and filled with legit steak, but the locro stew was kind of weird. It was like beans with huge chunks of kind of pink meat. I didn’t eat very much of that, but apparently it’s a popular thing here.

Then, Lauren, Emily and I went to Puerto Madero. This is the up and coming wealthy neighborhood right on the water. There’s tons of construction going on, but there is also an ecological reserve there. It’s huge and is the home of many different kinds of birds, and also a lot of sausage stands. We passed one called the “Churimovil.” Haha. On the map, there were a lot of lakes, but there were dried out when we got there, although there was a great view of the water. There was also a child calling for his/her mother and we could not figure out where on earth the kid was. Until we were heading and realized that he was stuck in a tree.

That night, we went to Bar Milión, a gorgeous 3-story bar built in an old mansion. My pina colada wasn’t very good, but the ambiance was. Agustin and Lucas came to say goodbye! My favorite bar so far was Casa Bar. Delicious Daquiri de anana with Malibu.

Friday, James, Laura, Emily and I had lunch at Parilla 22 for James' last meal in BA. I also finally tried churros con chocolate, which turned out to be one of those things that I craved until I ate it. Then I met up with Darren, went home, and packed to leave on Saturday! Saturday I had one last lunch at Cumaná, with noquis, and then went to the airport with Marieke.

Wowee, what a summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment