Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Me vs. The Chicken

JFlo and I went on an adventure to Olivos yesterday. There wasn't much open because of elections - most of the stores were closed, and they aren't allowed to sell alcohol, and everyone is required by law to vote. Most people are pretty active in politics, and I believe a new president has been elected! But, we did find an enormous Coto - a target-like supermarket. I got the last bunch of brocoli, and some delicious carrots. Then, I used it to cook my host family a delicious dinner of pad thai! Yum! I took some for lunch today. I asked Adriana, my host mom, if she had any chicken and she gave me a whole one. like, a whole one. with bones and everything. I did the obvious, which was to look up on you tube how to debone a chicken and then I did it! But golly, the chicken sure put up a fight and I now have a lot of respect for those who do this well. We had 8 hours of class because we had to make up for one last week when the professor was sick.

1 comment: